Friday, July 30, 2004

Surreal Moment of the Night…

Okay, Kathy and I took a break from watching a tape of this week’s Amazing Race to check out Kerry’s acceptance speech. Overall, I thought it was pretty good; I liked what he said, and occasionally liked how he said it. (I thought it was well-written for the most part, but I wanted him to take a bit more time with it. In retrospect, though, it was probably smart to get through it by 11.)

But in one of the many cutaways to the audience, who did we see but the man who must’ve written the speech, Toby Ziegler!

Actually, it was Richard Schiff, the man who plays presidential speechwriter Toby Ziegler on The West Wing. But seeing him in a genuine political context made me feel like I’d slipped into another reality for a moment.

 Rob

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I just hope he does well in the debate against Ritchie....