Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Firsts Meme

Okay, I got tagged with a Facebook meme, and as is my custom, I'm taking it to my blog.

If I tag you it means I want to know yours. Copy and paste this note into your blog/facebook notes, delete my answers and fill yours in. Tag me back and anyone else whose "firsts" you want to know about...

1. What was your FIRST job?
Purveyor of water ice at the Springfield Country Club. Actually, probably a paper route.

2. What was your FIRST car?
92 Mercury Tracer

3. Who was your FIRST prom date?
Terri Turner -- I think. I can't remember which order they went in, nor is it worth bothering whether the Snow Dance or Soph Hop qualified as "proms".

4. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?
Yes

5. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink?
My dad's beer. If you can call it beer.

6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?
I have no idea, but they were very excited about finishing classes.

7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?
The stone mason who’ll be giving us an estimate on our stairs. Next Monday. (Sorry, honey! I thought I heard him knocking!)

8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?
I should know this. She should have taught me her name better.

9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?
Orlando, Florida. It was so amazing it was like a vacation in itself.

10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?
Dave Holdsworth; no, I wasn’t even able to see him at the reunion a while back. :(

11. Where was your FIRST sleep over?
I think at my neighbor Dave Kennedy’s. I remember the B-52s were the musical guest on Saturday Night Live that night, so we can probably find an actual date for the event.* (For years, I thought the musical guests were supposed to be funny because of them.)

12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?
Kathy (Again, sorry, honey. Sometimes I open my mouth in the morning. A bad habit, I know.)

13. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?

Threw on some clothes and looked for the unexpected (and nonexistent) stone mason.

14. FIRST tattoo?
I’m sure, at some point in high school band, I got hold of a trumpet and blew a tattoo. (wow, that sounds filthy!) Other than that, no tats.

15. FIRST piercing?
File this under Piercings Yet To Come... or even more likely, not.

16. FIRST foreign country you've went to?
Mexico. Well, Tijuana for an evening, which isn’t really another country, just America without laws. My first extended out-of-country trip was to Quebec City.

17. FIRST movie you remember seeing?
Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger. Or maybe Pete’s Dragon. Or heck, possibly One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing.

18. When was your FIRST detention?
In 10th grade for being late to Spanish class.

19. Who was your FIRST roommate?
Andy Topol. Good guy, too.

20. If you had one wish?
I’d wish that this question had a FIRST in it to fit the meme.

21. Did you marry the FIRST person you asked to marry?
Yes

22. What was the FIRST sport that you were involved in?
Baseball

23. What were the FIRST lessons you ever took?
Swimming lessons at the Y, I guess.

24. What is the FIRST thing you do when you get home?
Throw my keys somewhere I’ll have trouble finding them later.

Oh, and I’ll tag Sharon, Drew (yes, you should kickstart that blog, man), Ami, Greg, Jeff, the Bastard and Geoff.


Rob
*January 26th, 1980, unless it was a repeat.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I personally think the Soph Hop SHOULD count, which would make ME your first prom date. We doubled with Anthony and Michelle (who made a horrifying confession to me in the ladies' room at the restaurant where we had dinner - Anthony had given her a bracelet and she really only liked him as a friend). The theme was Madonna's "Crazy for You."

Rob S. said...

Fair enough -- then it was definitely you! (And the brat who tried to hide in the car before we went to the dance? I'll be at his wedding rehearsal in a couple hours...)

Ah, high school heartbreak.

Travis said...

10th grade was your first detention? Geez, what a goody-goody....

Ami Angelwings said...

I answered it, just haven't put it up yet. xD My answers are boring cuz I didn't do a lot when I was younger and the names and specifics I do remember, I obv dun wanna put on a public blog xD

Rob S. said...

D'oh! I shoulda thought of that. Sorry if I've put you in any kind of bind there -- maybe use names from an old sitcom? (First sleepover: Gomer's house. First best friend? Sargeant Carter.)

Seriously, whatever information you care to share, I'd love to read. But there's definitely no obligation -- not even in an honor-among-bloggers way...

(Oh, and by the way, Travis, I remember now that my first detention was years earlier than that -- in 6th grade or so. But the 10th grade one just sticks in my craw -- I *told* her I needed to run and get my book from my locker, and I'd probably be late, and she said it'd be fine. And then she gave me a detention anyway. Grrr...)