Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Zelig's Return

Hey, guess who’s back in the United States! After a month and change abroad working for a big company, wandering though Amsterdam, dining with sheiks in Dubai, getting his car’s sideview mirrors stolen by poverty-stricken Angolans – it’s my brother Jim! Give him a big hand and a warm welcome.

I haven’t spoken to him yet, but Mom says he wasn’t entirely comfortable with his work, and felt he should resign. But I know the real truth. He was rushing to get back home before Fahrenheit 9/11 opened. The boy loves his Michael Moore. (This is a bald-faced lie, by the way. He’s just a sucker for any film that wins the Palme d’Or at Cannes. Another lie. I can be trusted not at all tonight.)

Anyhow, we’re all glad to have him home – especially Kathy and me. Because there’s a good chance next Tuesday is clear for him, and we’ve got sofas to lift.

Welcome back, Jim.

Rob

No comments: