Thursday, July 15, 2004

Bloodhound
 
Just read what looks like it could be a really cool comic from DC. It’s called Bloodhound, and it seems to be about a normal-powered tough-guy ex-cop who chases down supercriminals. When I say “tough guy,” I mean in the Charles Bronson, Clint Eastwood mold – the kind of cop who’ll go outside of the system to see justice served.
 
Of course, I don’t think Charlie or Clint ever went so far as to kill their own partners. But then, they were probably just a week away from retirement anyhow, and didn’t need killin’. Issue one starts with our guy in prison, being offered a deal to mitigate his sentence in exchange for helping the FBI. Then a prison riot breaks out, orchestrated so the inmates can kill him before he leaves. Really, if you want to see Cobra or The Dead Pool in comics, I think this is your chance.
 
I picked up Bloodhound as a lark, but I’m really happy with how good it is. It’s written by Dan Jolley, with art by Leonard Kirk and Robin Riggs, using a much grittier style than they displayed on Supergirl.

 Rob

No comments: