Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mixed Emotions

Watching Republican primaries is tough. Strategy-wise, I'm generally rooting for the least electable person to win -- in tonight's Delaware Senate race, that'd be Christine "You'll Go Blind" O'Donnell, who's much less likely to beat Dem Chris Coons than Delaware fixture Mike Castle (who was governor when I lived there).But if she wins, the country runs the risk of having Crazy Abstinence Lady making decisions for people who live in the real world. So on the whole, I'm hoping Castle wins. Because not only would it be best if O'Donnell wasn't in the senate, but Castle strikes me as the sort of reasonable, non-lockstep Republican that the GOP will need to keep their ship from crashing into Crazy Reef. So I'm crossing my fingers for anti-strategy tonight. Go, Castle.

Rob

4 comments:

Andy said...

Fail

Rob S. said...

Looks like it. But I hadn't realized how flat-out unpopular she is in DE. So I guess I can be happy about the results this way, too... so long as she's defeated.

Jeff said...

Isn't she the witchcraft lady anyway?

Rob S. said...

She is! And it's very, very unlikely that she'll win. And it's nice that she can be one more kooky face to associate with the Tea Party/Republicans. But I hate to think about the kind of wave that would sweep a nutcase like her into office.