Friday, June 17, 2005

Primed!

Well, half-primed. We got all the edges done, so tomorrow night is just painting the walls and celining with a roller. Then we get to see color come back into the picture. But I can't begin to tell you how gratifying it is to see all the pink on the walls on its way out.

We moved the stereo into the dining room so we could listen while we painted without having to fumble with dropcloths to change CDs. Kathy picked the first one at random: Leonard Coen's Greatest Hits. To put it mildly -- not good painting music. I thought I might kill myself before the project was over. (And I had bought the freakin' album in the first place! His later album, The Future, kicke so much ass that I figured his greatest hits would be, you know, great. Shows what I know.) But once we got through the CD, we heard some Cake and some Ben Folds Five before I popped in the final-stretch CD of the night: The Raiders of the Lost Ark soundtrack.

Rob

No comments: