Sunday, September 05, 2004

News

Yesterday, Kathy & I went to see the newest addition to our family: Thomas James Burke, My sister and her husband's second son. Coincidentally, it was also the birthday party of their oldest, the ever-adorable two-year-old Daniel, who now says "karate" with glee. (I'm going to teach Tommy to say "tae kwon do." Or "Godzilla.")

Anyway, here are the stats: He was born Sept. 2 at such and such a time (I think around 10:30 at night). Tommy (not TJ -- never TJ unless you want the wrath of my sister, and I can assure you you don't want that) weighed 8.2 pounds and was 22 inches long upon his entrance into the world. Like his brother, he's a cutie. Unlike his brother, he'll probably lose patience with being compared to his brother very quickly. With the assortment of Toms running around in our fam, it's tough to say who he was named for, although James is for Brian's dad. Tom Selleck, maybe? This is another good guess.

Children, behave.

Rob

2 comments:

Dave said...

My daughter loves Godzilla. She just turned 5. She got a home-made Godzilla iron-on t-shirt and 2 4" high Godzilla toy figures, one of Big G and one of Mechagodzilla. She likes Destroy All Monsters.

I recommend all kids get heaping doses of Godzilla when they are little. The world needs more Godzilla!

Rob S. said...

You're right. Godzilla it is! You hear that, Tommy! Godzilla! God-ZILL-a!