Monday, July 21, 2008

San Diego Serenade

Man, I'm not even going to the San Diego con, and already I'm exhausted from the pre-show coverage. My comics news sites and blogs tend to speak of nothing but (with the exception of The Dark Knight, which I'm still avoiding spoilers for), and it's even on the cover (and taking up a large chunk) of this week's Entertainment Weekly. What's a geek to do when the whole world has gone geeky?

Anyway, San Diego blah blah blah, San Diego blah blah blah. Yes, we have your candy, but it's 3,000 miles away and it'll cost you thousands of dollars and you'll have to wade through a sea of armpits to get it.

I've included the above paragraph to leave you with no doubt that I am calling delicious geek-grapes sour, and am telling myself they taste much sweeter online.

Rob
(But best thread so far? Blog@Newsarama's thread about Boom! Studio's decision to turn their too-close-to-cancel drink-up at the gay-marriage-opposing Hyatt into a drink-up/gay pride party. An elegant solution to a PR nightmare.)

No comments: