Thursday, November 06, 2008

Six True Things

1) When I was knocking on doors to get out the vote for Obama in Darby, Pennsylvania, one kid told his father that John McCain was at the door.

2) I find it much, much easier to write a cover letter when I have a specific job to apply for.

3) The ratio of leftover Halloween candy in the house to leftover Halloween candy in my stomach is decreasing. Hopefully, it will reach some sort of nougat equilibrium.

4) It's a weird feeling, to be emotionally girding yourself for long hours of hard work, and then have that pulled away from you. It's one thing to take my job, but I feel like I'm losing my closure.

5) I have a lot of good friends pulling for me through this.

6) Without comfort and certainty, the universe would have no need to throw pies.

Rob

4 comments:

bastard central said...

there is ALWAYS reasons to throw pies

and drinks aew on me ASAP sir

Jeff said...

I'd buy you a beer if I was there, Rob. You'll get through this and better for it in the end.

Sharon GR said...

I'm with you on #3.

And, of course, on #5.

Unknown said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, especially on the matters of employment. I'll focus on your closure once I get mine from two jobs ago. If I see a particular ex-minor league ballplayer in a dark alley, I tell ya...