Friday, November 19, 2004

Good Listenin'

No offense to those who love the Desiderata, but as Mark Evanier notes, Norman Rose -- the voice of God in many films and such -- has died. He voiced this parody of it, called the Deteriorata, and I remember it well from Dr. Demento shows received on a portable radio.

Do yourself a favor, though -- open the window, but don't watch the flash animation until you've heard it once. Most of it it simply printing the lyrics, and you can read faster than the jokes are spoken -- which kills the timing. Start the flash animation, then close the window or close your eyes.

Rob

1 comment:

Sharon GR said...

I have a book and record set from my childhood, easily 30ish years old, of Aesops Fables that is recorded by Norman Rose. It was not until today that I realized it was the same guy who did the Deteriorata, which is just as ingrained in my brain as the Aesops Fables.