Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Just one episode behind...

So please don't spoil it for me. But I can say that Lost is one of the most fascinating TV shows I've ever seen. Every character is a surprise, and the environment is just as intriguing. I just saw the episode that focused on Sawyer, but I won't be able to see any more until next week at the earliest. But judging from the next-episode preview, I'm DYING to know what's going to happen to Said.

Oh, and FYI -- the episode featuring Pippin the rockstar was written by Paul Dini, who's been the guiding force for the Batman, Superman, and Justice League cartoons, and one of the co-creators of Harley Quinn.

Rob

2 comments:

Rob said...

Two guest stars in the next episode - no spoilers here. One is a gentleman named William Mapother - the cousin of one Thomas Cruise Mapother. The other is Mira Furlan - who played Delenn on Babylon 5. Good to see her back on TV.

See? No spoilers. Just watch for 'em. The Sayid episode is great. I agree - the show is really great. We're totally hooked.

--*Rob

Greg! said...

LOST actually has me watching current network TV. It's been a while. For a good number of years now, the shows I've followed have been on the WB, UPN, Fox, Sci-fi network or somewhere like that. I'm so taken with LOST that I'm now really intrigued by Alias -- I've never watched it, but have heard it praised...

May I just say that Locke's backstory episode was some of the most galvanizing television I've seen in years. Got the kind of response out of me last inspired by Buffy or Babylon 5, putting in the a league with them and such shows as Twin Peaks and St. Elsewhere. (And WHERE, by the way, are the St. Elsewhere DVDs? Huh?) Good company.

Yeah, I caught Paul Dini's name in the credits. Good comic book writers know good character and good story-telling. Hell, good comic book writers are usually just good writers, period.

Speaking of which, a shout-out to Joss Whedon for his kick-ASS work on Astonishing X-Men. If Bryan Singer really has bailed on the third film (as I've heard rumored), I'd cast my vote for giving the thing to Joss. Once that Serenity movie is out of the way, perhaps he'll have some time on his hands...