Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Listen.

Just a quick post about getting new music into your life.

Rob's been posting about podcasts quite a bit, and I was going to join him. And I will, soon, but for now go visit him to see what the rumpus is.

And I wanted to talk about Mark Morford's recent list of cool radio stations, most of which are available for listening online. His column is here -- there's bound to be something you'll like on it.

But for now, I'll just mention the first one that caught my ear: The Bone Conduction Music Show. Mark's description? "Goddamn fabulous. Old school. Beer and dogs and down 'n' dirty snappy banter and the finest eclectic mix of true devil's-music blues in the known universe, straight outta the deep-freeze beer chest that is Ann Arbor, Michigan. "

This is great stuff. Already it's introduced me to un unreal Dave Edmonds tune called "Dear Dad" -- it's in hour 2 of the March 11th show -- and a ton of other great tunes. Say hallelujah, grab your ankles and get ready for the blues injection. This show's downloadable in hour-chunk mp3s, and you won't stop with just one.

Jeri, Chiris A., Sharon -- we're talkin' about you here. You don't wanna miss this.

Rob

3 comments:

Jeri said...

Ooh, thanks! I'll check it out.

Sharon GR said...

Ooh, thanks! I'll check it out too.

Rob S. said...

The best thing is, the DJ -- Thayrone X -- sounds EXACTLY like I want a DJ to sound . It's an unvarnished thrill just to hear him spin.