Thursday, July 14, 2005

Quick Updates

The beach was a lot of fun. I got to see my nephews and my niece, and I even read a comic book to one of 'em. I am now in the not-so-mild Itchy stage of my somewhat mild sunburn.

I read a Kinky Freidman novel, Frequent Flier, on the beach. The cat spins an entertaining yarn.

I haven't had much to say politically lately, but I have to say I'm enjoying watching Karl Rove get served a shit sandwich. I hope he's forced to eat it -- and order some for all his friends. But not his friends' friends, because apparently the President is friends with Kinky Friendman. He calls him up whenever he hears a good dirty joke.

We're closing the magazine this week, so I've been busier than usual. And the lawn is growin' growin' growin'. Sunday, there will come a lawnmower reckoning.

I started playing the Freedom Force video game. I'm not sure whether it's been cutting into my blogging time or my surfing time. Probably a little of both.

I hope Rehnquist retires soon. It's a given that Bush will try send one ultraconservative to the Supreme Court. But it'll be more difficult to send two up at the same time than it would be to get one approved, then another 6 months or a year later.

Jesus wants me to have fresh breath. Jim the Bastard explains.

Rob

3 comments:

Sharon GR said...

"The cat spins an entertaining yearn." Is "yearn" a typo or a Freudian slip?

Rob S. said...

It's actually a vital part of my profession. Since I'm a copy editor, I can't afford typos at work, but it's a well-known fact that everyone has a certain number of typos allotted to them in life. I work extra-hard to make sure they all appear in my blog and message-board postings, so they don't show up in the magazine.

Rbo

Rob S. said...

Fixed now, tho.