Tuesday, October 18, 2005

BusyBusyBusy

Four ferrets can make a guy busy. Too busy to post? It turns out the answer is yes.

All the ferrets are doing well. Snowball has been renamed The Dude, and Blinky is now Blink, so the group as a whole is Blink, She-Devil, Gus and the Dude.The Dude is still quarrantined, although I don't think that'll last much longer. He only has one small bit of scab that we're waiting to fall away from his neck. Throughout it all, he's been cool and happy, and a great fuzzy guy to be around.

Gus and She-Devil are two of a kind. We can usually find them wrestling each other, but when they're not thus occupied, they're getting past the various guards and wards we've put up in our family room.The screen around the baseboard heating? Breached in a day. Luckily, it doesn't get super-hot when we turn it on. Still, we've got to keep them out of it somehow.

Also, I managed to get rid of the awful blackberry bush behind our house, conveniently placed right next to a thorofare so it can scratch whoever passes by. No more! I showed the bush who's boss. And the boss was me!

More stuff: I wasjust hired to write another book. This one's on Angola, so if you know of any good books on Angolan history, please let me know. Research is beginning chop-chop. My one regret is that this pretty much scuttles Nanowrimo for me. I'll have to do my own personal Nano after my deadline. Or revise my previous one to make it readable. Which might take some doing.

Anyway, that's where I've been, and where I'm going. Or actually, it's more like where I am now. Either way, I'm

Rob



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now why EXACTLY did you get 4 ferrets?
Cecilia

Anonymous said...

Umm, someone said they needed a home right after I told that someone that we were just about ready to get ferrets again. There just happened to be 4. Of course by ready I didn't mean prepared. We'll be doing more ferret-proofing this weekend.

Sharon GR said...

I'm glad they're settled and getting along well.

Anonymous said...

Explain this to me again: You're saving time with the ferrets by shortening their names?

Rob S. said...

No, we're just able to live with ourseleves much more easily if we're not calling a brown male ferret a white girly name like Snowball.

As for Blink, it's just cooler than Blinky. Although half the time we still call her Blinky.