Monday, October 10, 2005

Post-Birthday Post

Last year, I posted 35 entries for the 35 years I was alive. This year, I was hoping to get out of the house a little more than that. But it was a rainy Saturday, perfect for getting up late, and after a 3:30 pancake breakfast with Kathy and my mom- and sister-in-law, I had to face the fact that it was essentially a lazy day.

A good one, though. Kathy & I went out to see A History of Violence, which isn’t all the critics have cracked it up to be, but I still enjoyed it. Then we came home and had my birthday dinner of crabcakes, with angel food cake for dessert. Kathy outdid herself with both of them.

Then we watched Shaun of the Dead, which Kathy gave me on DVD. Wotta great movie. I still crack up thinking about them singing “White Lines” with that zombie.

A happy birthday, all in all.

Rob

3 comments:

PapaGoose said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I envy you and your crabcake experience. I had the same reaction to "A History of Violence". Actually I liked it more right after I saw it and less the more I thought about it. Lisa didn't like it. It seemed like you were constantly aware of the nature of the source material. It felt like watching a graphic novel. I could visualize the panels in my mind. Not that movies from graphic novels are bad. It just seemed like this one didn't make such a smooth transition.

Sharon GR said...

I think I even spoke to you on your birthday and still forgot to say anything.

Happy Birthday.

Rob S. said...

Thanks, guys.