Friday, January 20, 2006

Stumped by your Heritage?

It’s Handless Mutant-Retard Month here at Laughing at the Pieces. Sure, it started just two days ago, and God willing, I’ll tire of this joke before 30 days are up. But it’s still a “month.” What can I tell you? We’re handless mutant-retards. Coherence is not our strong suit. (Neither is piano.)

An explanation: I got involved in a bit of a flame war this week. Eventually, the anonymous poster I targeted called me (for reasons too complicated to get into here, but here’s a good place to start looking) a “handless, mutant-retard.”

Yeah, I know. I couldn’t believe it either. So I took it as a badge of honor. And started posting little-known facts about my handless mutant-retard brethren.

With the first three, I was just warming up:

Fact One
Fact Two
Fact C

After those, I started getting into the groove, fitting handless mutant-retards into odd nooks and crannies of history and pop culture. And generally making stuff up.

Fact Four
Fact Sigma
Fact Epsilon
Fact G
Fact 7-11
Fact PUPPIES!
Fact Pi
Fact Lozenge
Fact One I Forgot
Fact Frizbee
Fact Cicuenta y Dos
Fact 25
Fact Naomi told a FIB!
Fact Helmut

More tidbits of handless mutant-retard history may come to light. I’ll try to add them to the list. (In case I forget, click here to whisk yourself to the top o' the blog.)

Rob

6 comments:

DBK said...

I think I know why "handless". Must be a Seinfeld reference.

"I got no hand!"

DBK said...

Ah, found the relevant quotes:

George: I have no power. Why should she have the upper hand? Once in my life I would like the upper hand. I have no hand. No hand at all. She has the hand. I have no hand.

Jerry: We all want the hand. Hand is tough to get.

Rob S. said...

Awesome, dbk. That's a great quote.

Actually, though, it was a comment on my math skills. He said I had the math skills of a handless, mutant-retard who counts on his fingers.

Hmm. Now that I think of it, it wasn't a long story after all.

Sharon GR said...

Ok, NOW if you type "handless mutant-retard" into google, do you get your blog. (and, thanks Sunshine, mine too.) I guess it takes a while to update.

Jeri said...

World's best payoff: at the end of the episode, George's girlfriend breaks up with him.

George: You can't leave me! I have hand!
Girlfriend: And you're gonna need it.

Rob S. said...

Oof. That hurts.