Monday, February 27, 2006

The one review to read...

...when you're reading only one.

Here's James Wolcott's terrific, spoiler-free review of V for Vendetta. It sounds like something I wouldn't want to miss even if I weren't such a big geek.

On the other hand, I've heard Harry Knowles (of Ain't It Cool News) didn't like it. No matter. I'd honestly rather know whether this movie works for people unfamiliar with the source material, rather than people who know the ins and outs of the comic before the credits roll.

I'm so seeing this.

Rob

4 comments:

ktbuffy said...

Wow. That is quite the review. Looking forward to seeing the film.

Jeri said...

Isn't this the one Frank Miller didn't want his name on, or am I thinking of something else?

Rob S. said...

Alan Moore, actually. (Miller didn't have anything to do with it; it was Alan Moore and artist Davod Lloyd.)

This isn't necessarily a comment on the movie itself. Moore's wanted his name off of everything (and directed his royalties to his collaborators) since League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Greg! said...

And not without reason -- the LoEG movie was a great disservice to its source material. A real shame, too. It seemed pretty evident too me that some mess of studio interference took place there.