Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Maybe I should see a shrink

Because, man, I've got rage.

It's usually road rage, just shouting at some schmuck who can't hear me and doesn't care. Usually the only person who hears it is Kathy, and I'm going to try to avoid that in the future, because the last time really freaked me out. I just shouted something really suddenly, then just as suddenly realized how startling it must have been and spent the rest of the drive apologizing. She doesn't need to be put through that.

After all, what else are blogs for?

So I'm on the train from New York to New Jersey, and this guy--this bag of crap in a suit--keeps yammering on his cell phone right behind me. Like a lot of people on cell phones, he's got no indoor voice. And I'm trying to read, and I can't concentrate one bit. And it's not like I'm reading Paradise Lost or anything -- it's just the new issue of Robin. And if I can't YAP YAP YAP concentrate enough YAP YAP to make sense of even YAP YAP YAP YAP the latest adventure of YAP YAP YAP the Boy goddamn Wonder YAP YAP YAP it means you're talking right in my goddamn ear, you prick!

I swear, I'd kill a stranger a day if I could be bothered with the cleanup.

NOTE: My attorney advises me that I should assure readers that I am just kidding about the last sentence. He claims the phrase "I swear" is legally binding, depite the fact that I have not specified exactly what or who I am swearing to. I assured him that as I wrote the sentence, my non-typing fingers were crossed, rendering the final statement, including the swear, non-binding, in my understanding of the law. He agreed, although he pointed out that it would be a different matter entirely had I said "pinkie-swear." Which any idiot knows.

Rob

2 comments:

Rob said...

Post on http://www.transithell.com

Or read stories and commiserate with others who experience the same pain every day. There are some real doozies on there!

--*Rob

Sharon GR said...

People who talk too loudly on cell phones put their personal life on display for all to see. That in and of itself should be punishment enough, but since they keep doing it, I say we should feel free to contribute to the conversation and ridicule or criticize anything they say.