Friday, October 10, 2008

Can We Be Fucking Serious?

The economy is going down the toilet. We're fighting two wars. We need leadership. Leadership.

The idea that anything -- anygoddamnedthing -- is served by yammering on about a guy who made bombs when Obama was fucking eight years old is... I have no words for it.

...

I've been trying to be measured in this election. I've been trying to be calm. And I really think Obama is going to win.

But what McCain is trying to do here, this distraction, this fucking dance amid the slaughterhouse, has me fucking terrified. Suddenly -- SUDDENLY -- I am in the grip of terror. This man cannot win. We cannot have four more years of him dragging us down farther and farther as we choke on the shit of the insanely rich and willfully ignorant. The people who've already got theirs, so fuck you very much.

He used to be a man of honor, but he kicked that shit to the curb a long while ago. Now he stands by while people call Obama a terrorist at his rallies. McCain knows that's bullshit, it's slander and only, only stirs up hate, but still he sits idly by, waiting for someone to light the match and set Rome burning.

There is so much trouble right now, so much, and McCain wants to tell us fairy tales about the 1960s. He is blatantly, willfully changing the subject from anything that is important, because on any issue that matters, he is completely bankrupt. He has nothing to offer. He is a charlatan and a deceiver and a desperate, venomous snake.

He is the opposite of a leader.

Rob

4 comments:

Rob S. said...

Yeah, there's no question about that.

Looking back on this post. I don't feel very good about it. I'm leaving it here -- I hate to pull posts down after I publish them -- but this...

It's not smart writing. It's pure emotion. It's just anger and fear. And it's ugly, in the same way yelling "terrorist" and "kill him!" at McCain rallies is ugly. And now that I've written it, and had some time to think about it, I'm partially ashamed of it -- at least the paragraph with the gun.

But I'm leaving it up, because it demonstrates how scared I am. And this is what scared people do. This is how scared people act, and I'm scared. I'm suddenly so, so scared.

I'm scared of the economy. I'm scared for my job, and my wife's job, and my friends' jobs. (There's no specific basis for this: We've gotten no hints, no one's told me anything's up, I should just relax, I know. But we're at a point when anything could happen, and anything IS happening.)

And most of all, I'm scared of John McCain. Because he's making it clear that in the face of this crisis, one of our two presidential choices will offer no leadership at all.

Rob S. said...

...aaaaand I've decided to delete that para. I'm scared, yes, but there's no reason to keep that up there.

McCain will be disastrous, but he's not a murderer in our house. Fear is making me crazy.

Melissa Joy said...

I'm scared too. Maybe that's why my psoriasis has completely freaked out.

did you read this?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27105917/?GT1=43001

someone had on a blog to imagine in 3 years when obama has been president. I wrote "i'm too scared to, I want it so bad"

I don't know what I'm gonna do if it's another 4 years. Maybe move to new zealand.

Jeff said...

You're okay, Rob. What I think is, well, awesome, is that someone from McCain's camp is scared of you.