Sunday, February 20, 2005

3 pounds 1 ounce

Just as I'm starting to work out again, I'm close to ending my stripping career. Today I tackled the floor molding while Kathy (successfully) set up the pipes to accept the new fridge and dealt with some other electrical and plumbing issues (with mized results). The belt sander and palm sander -- even at 40 grain- didn't do very well against the three to four layers of paint on the wood, so it was back to the chemicals for me. I pretty much finished off our second can of stripper, but got a coat (in most cases, two) on the molding, scraping it all off and calling it quits just a few minutes ago.

The number above? That's how much paint I scraped off the wood today, not counting the many gobs that didn't make their way to the garbage bag.

Rob

1 comment:

PapaGoose said...

I thought that was the theoretial weight of the soul that the body loses immediately after death. Doesn't make for nearly as catchy a movie title though.