Friday, February 04, 2005

Damn.

Ossie Davis, Actor, Is Dead at 87

Marshall: They just pay me to drive the limo, sir. I'm not here to tell you who you are.

Joe: I didn't ask you to tell me who I am.

Marshall: You were hinting around about clothes. That happens to be a very important topic to me, sir. Clothes, Mr. . .

Joe: Banks.

Marshall: Banks. Clothes make the man. I believe that. You say to me you want to go shopping, you want to buy clothes, but you don't know what kind. You leave that hanging in the air, like I'm going to fill in the blank, that to me is like asking me who you are, and I don't know who you are, I don't want to know. It's taken me my whole life to find out who I am, and I'm tired now, you hear what I'm saying?


3 comments:

Jeri said...

This is sad. We just saw his son, blues singer Guy Davis, play here in Westminster, and he told some great stories about his dad. Between that and Davis's movies, I felt like I knew the guy.

Double Damn. But never was there a better lived life.

Chris A. said...

A fine quote you selected, but I've gotta go with the obvious:

Da Mayor: Doctor...

Mookie: C'mon, what. What?

Da Mayor: Always do the right thing.

Mookie: That's it?

Da Mayor: That's it.

Mookie: I got it, I'm gone.

Dave said...

If you haven't seen Bubba Ho-Tep, stop reading this blog, drive to an open rental establishment or a friend who owns it, and watch this movie!

JFK (Ossie Davis): He had me on the floor. I had his mouth over my asshole!Elvis (Bruce Campbell): A shiteater?JFK: I don't think so. He was after my soul. Now you can get that out of any major orifice of a person's body. I read about it.Elvis: Oh, yeah? Where, man? Hustler?R.I.P. R.C. aka "Da Mayor"