Friday, February 25, 2005

Our Coward President

According to this report, President Bush had originally scheduled a “town hall” style meeting to take place in Germany during his tour of Europe. Those plans are now scrapped, since the German government wouldn’t agree to Herr Bush’s demand to pre-approve all the questions the German citizenry would pose to him.

Pardon my French, but I can’t believe this pussy is the face we show the world.

Rob

(Pardon, also, my impugning of one of my favorite reproductive organs. Wish I had another word so blunt.)

3 comments:

Rob S. said...

Well, they can't help being European, and they're reoprting what's happening in their own country. That's their job.

The story's been picked up a few places (closest to home, apparently, is the Dallad Morning News, but I haven't yet registered to read their story myself). Most of them seem to frame the story around Der Speigel's orginal reporting, though -- so if that's wrong, the later stories don't have a leg to stand on.

But, it's entirely plausible to me. After all, it happened here, over and over again, during the campaign, and has since happened with Social Security rallies and the like. We shouldn't stand for it. He represents all of us; anyone who is not a genuine threat should have access to these events. By denying access, it makes the divide in this country worse, not better, as those kept out in the cold feel voiceless and disenfranchised.

Chris A. said...

Another word so blunt... how do you feel about smegma? (In this context, not generally.)

Rob S. said...

If only it conveyed the wimpyness I'm looking for. Although I remember a show where someone was often called a "smeg-head." Was that Red Dwarf?