Friday, February 25, 2005

Softballin’ the President

So, the Jeff Gannon story seems to be floundering. For some reason, the homophobic gay prostitute right wing hack getting essentially a perpetual 1-day press pass so he can lob softball questions to our fearless leader and his lackeys was good for a bunch of late-nite jokes, but just doesn’t have traction in a country completely controlled by the President’s party, with a media so cowed that even common-sense questions about the whole sleazy operation get overlooked.

What I’m wondering is this: How did Gannon meet these guys? Did he first make contact with Rove? McClellan? Who bought who a drink? Did he approach them? I can’t believe they recruited Gannon; despite my lack of faith in this administration’s competence, I expect their security guys can still do background checks. So, I figure, they knew – about the websites, the prostitution, everything. No matter what his political beliefs are, I imagine the Bushies would have preferred to stay as far away from him as possible.

But they didn’t. And the only reason I can imagine that they sanctioned this pressroom cuddlefest is because Gannon has something on one of them. Something that’d look very bad for the administration, particularly to its homophobic cheerleaders. He may not know where the bodies are buried, but I bet he knows in what closet to look for a skeleton. So to speak.

Gannon’s website describes him as a “top only”. Who’s his bitch?

Rob

No comments: