Friday, September 16, 2005

Got Plans Sunday Night?

I'll be participating in Freshly Squeezed II, a play reading this Sunday, organized by Jason Green for Wild Child Productions. It's at the Theatre for the New City, and there will be short plays read from Jason, Mac Rogers, James Contois and myself.

The plays will be performed by Brian Luna, Tiffany Clementi, Jennifer Moses (who was in my most recent Spontaneous Combustion play), Gerry Lehane, Jennifer Terpak, David Ian Lee, Anne Johnson and Laura Benson.

My plays are short vignettes I wrote about a trip to New Orleans I took with my buddy Chris way back when. Yeah, Chris; the time-share of the damned.

It should be a fun night. Admission is free, but no one would object if you want to throw a couple bucks toward the theatre space.

Here are the details:

THEATRE for the NEW CITY
155 1st Avenue, New York, NY
Sunday, September 18, 7:00pm
Phone: 917-854-6493

The closest Subway Stops to THEATER FOR THE NEW CITY
are:

6 at Astor Place & Lafayette Street - Walk 3 blocks East to 1st Avenue.

L Train at 1st Avenue and 14th Street.

N,R,W Train at 8th Street and Broadway.

F,V Train at 2nd Avenue and Houston Street.

Hope to see you there!

Rob

7 comments:

Sharon GR said...

Very cool, Rob. Very cool.

ktbuffy said...

Cool, Rob!
I'd love to come by, only I'm doing a triathlon that morning (pause for hysterial laughter) and I'm not sure what shape I'll be in by Sunday night.

Rob S. said...

That sounds crazy and heroic. I'd love to see you, but by all means, you're entitled to collapse. Until Thursday, honestly. Tell your boss I said so.

Chris A. said...

I wish I could be there. If this is regarding the summer of '98 trip, I hope the thespian playing Hubba Bubba does the legend justice. (And if there's a Jessica, I love her already.)

Rob S. said...

Sadly, I never finished the Hubba Bubba piece. But Jessica is there, in all her glory!

Jeri said...

Scenes from the Big Easy! My favorite lines:

Timeshare dude: When you travel together, how many beds do you ask for?
Chris: Two!
Rob: Three!
Chris: With a Rottweiler on the middle one!

Did the Big-Butted Ape Man show up?

Rob S. said...

No big-butted ape man, but the Rottweiler was covered in contact poison.