Friday, September 23, 2005

Overheard on the Train

"Yeah, he's fucking me, but I don't know why. What's his motivation to fuck me?"

That's an honest-to-god quote from a woman sitting across the aisle from me on thetrain, talking on her cell phone at around 10:30 tonight.

If I can add my two cents, it's this: His motivation to fuck you? It's fucking you. I've been married for a little over two years, but I haven't been out of the game that long. Believe me: We're not that complex.

Froma completely objective point of view, the woman on the phone was... well...plain. Which is fine. Plain has never been a serious obstacle to any guy's libido. Not a big secret.

What may be a big secret? Plain has never really been a serious impediment to any woman'slibido, either. Trust me; I'm a plain guy. And--once I found some self-confidence--I did just fine. It's the confidence that's the key, not the looks.

Testify, my semi-attractive bruthas.

Rob

4 comments:

Rob S. said...

(singing) Ay-yi-yi-yi, I am the libido bandito!

Sharon GR said...

Confidence is key. Looks are great o'course, but enthusiasm goes a long way.

Are you sure she meant in the literal sense, or figuratively (some guy at work stole her project or something?) That's a possibility.

Rob S. said...

Interesting thought. I can't remember enough of the conversation now to remember if the context led me to believe she meant it literally or whether I was just assuming.

Jeri said...

I agree with Sharon. By now women have figured out that men are, as you say, uncomplicated.

From Eugene Mirman's Sex (Advice) Video: "Just be confident. It doesn't matter. Just be confident. 'I know what an airplane is. I know what an airplane is.'"