Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Daily Grind

I saw (and dug) Grindhouse on opening night. Sharon (one of the folks I saw it with) has a good review of it here. As for me, I was crazy about every last bit of it. I think the Planet Terror segment was more fun, but that on the whole, Death Proof was probably a better movie. Death Proof has a grip on our heart, slowing the viewer's pulse down or speeding it up as it pleases; Planet Terror just grabs us by the balls. (Quite literally, in fact.)

And, of course, the phony trailers were great. Did you know Machete may actually exist next year? (Although the link doesn't say so, I've heard it's planned to go straight to video.) However we get more Danny Trejo is all right with me.

But my real reason for this post isn't just to say how cool I thought the movie was--it's to say how cool I think Cameron Stewart's drawings of characters from the movie are. Here's his illo of Dr. Dakota Block from Planet Terror:


You can find more at his blog. He's only got Cherry and Dakota up there now, but promises more will be along soon.

Rob

No comments: