Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Fanboy Moment

I went to the WizardWorld: Philadelphia comics convention last weekend, and the highlight of it for me was getting to meet Carmine Infantino, co-creator of my favorite super hero, the Flash (Barry Allen*), and that I told him how much his work and the character mean to me.

I bought a copy of his retrospective art book, The Amazing World of Carmine Infantino, and asked him to do a sketch in the front pages. This was Sunday the 17th – it might be the most recent drawing of Flash he’s done. It was great to see him work, laying down the pencil lines before finishing it up in ink. I had a chance to tell him how much I enjoyed his Elongated Man stories as well – I’m just finishing a collected edition of them now.

Anyway, without further ado… the Flash, by Carmine Infantino.

Rob

*(Remember when you could say who your favorite super hero was without having to give his secret identity? I hope Gorilla Grodd doesn’t read this blog.)

1 comment:

Travis said...

That is awesome, Rob. When I was younger I didn't like Infantino's art at all, but I have a much greater appreciation for it now.

There is a con coming up close to me at the end of this month, and Herb Trimpe is going to be there. It should be fun.