Friday, November 23, 2007

Outright Thievery, I Tell You! I Should Be Ashamed!

I've sat on this for about a week, figuring I'd have more to say about these links I first found on Johanna Draper-Carlson's Comics Worth Reading blog. But, it turns out... no. No, I have very little else to say. But in light of the fact that most of my family and friends don't read comics blogs of any sort, I'm just grabbin' the links and running as fast as my floppy Hamburglar feet can carry me.

I first was introduced to The Nails' song "88 Lines About 44 Women" (listen here, albeit to a version they recorded later) on a mix tape my friend Chris made for me. And I loved it like the crazy dating history I never had.* (The tape also had a Peter-Gunn sounding version of Jonathan Richman's "Pablo Picasso," another song that thrilled me to the core.)

Anyway, an enterprising soul with the handle Slipjig rewrote the lyrics as "88 Lines About 44 Fangirls." And it is awesome.

So listen, read, and try not to recognize anyone. (And thanks again, Johanna!)

Rob
*I'm also quite fond of my own crazy dating history--but it doesn't hold a candle to "88 Lines."

2 comments:

Rob said...

I'll havet o get you a copy of Luke Ski's "88 Lines About 44 Simpsons" which is equally as funny.

--*Rob

Rob said...

http://tubearoo.com/articles/88867/88_Lines_About_44_Simpsons.html

HEar it/See it here.

--*Rob