Friday, November 30, 2007

Will Dream For Food

Last night I dreamt I was hired to write a short biography of Marie Osmond for $250. Just a page or two, to be read on the radio. All night in my dreams, I tried to recall as much as I could about her, and really worked out, sentence by sentence, how this biography was going to go. It was work, and I didn't feel rested at all until I had another dream in which the Martian Manhunter was chasing me through an office building (I lost him in the elevator shaft).

Anyway, when I woke up I felt like I'd been stiffed out of $250, and I haven't been able to shake the feeling all day. I went to an optometrist and bought new glasses, and I thought "My Osmond money would just about cover that, if they'd ever friggin' pay me."

Rob

4 comments:

Sharon GR said...

You are one of the few people whose dreams I will listen to.

Strange things go on inside your head. Strange things, indeed.

Jeri said...

Well, Rob, give us the biography, then put out a virtual tip jar and see what happens.

Come on, people! If each of us gave just pennies a day, surely we could make Rob's dream come true (not the Martian in the elevator one--he's on his own).

Travis said...

And it was clearly a dream, because you would never lose the Martian Manhunter in an elevator shaft. :P

Rob S. said...

My trick to losing the Martian Manhunter?

I never, ever think.