Thursday, March 25, 2010

Into the Maelstrom

This image (I decided not to boost it, so go see!) was absolutely one of the brightest spots of yesterday for me. The Legion's newest artist, Yildiray Cinar, posted an image of the Legion fighting one of the Titans' major villains, Trigon the Terrible. What knocks me out about this -- aside from the linework and style and all-around awesomeness of the image itself -- is that in 1982, in one of the only fan letters to comics I ever wrote, I guessed that Trigon was the mystery bad guy in The Great Darkness Saga that was being published at the time.

It wasn't him, of course -- but I always wanted to see the Legion face off against him, just the same. This piece -- a sample image Cinar created before starting the book -- might be the closest I ever get. But it's close enough to thrill 13-year-old me!

Rob

No comments: