Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Late Night Post

It's nearly one-thirty a.m. A little earlier than I generally consider a late night, but that's something I'm trying to change. I've been staying up later and later for a while now, turning over almost completely to my night-owl nature. I have very little schedule that I don't make for myself, and that's been taking it's toll. I do freelance work whenever I can, but it doesn't always fill my time. And when I've got nothing to do (or something I can put off), I do what I've always been inclined to do: waste time.

I can't say that's changing for good: I can only say that I've come up with a plan to help me change it, and maybe do myself some good in the process. Tomorrow morning, I'll be waking up early (for me; not early for you, I'm sure) and heading off to the local coffee shop. I'm bringing my laptop, and I'm going to have a cup of coffee and read the last few chapters of the novel I've been working on.

Up till now, I generally tried to sleep in (I say tried to, but it literally takes no effort at all) until Kathy goes to work -- she's not a morning person, and would rather be alone as she prepares for work, so sleeping keeps me out of her way, and it's something I like to do. But it's time to change my pattern. Time to get productive. Time to make things happen like they need to happen in 2010. By the time January rolls around, I want something to show for it.

One more thing: Enough with letting this place lie fallow, too. A post a day, throughout March. Gotta rebuild my habits.

Rob

1 comment:

MarkSullivan said...

Good luck with this. I've definitely got similar tendencies, but they're largely held in check by my day job.