Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Barrel Gets a New Bottom

Just when I think the Bush regime can't be any worse...

...comes this story by Howard Altman of the Tampa Tribune: Homeland Security Deputy Press Secretary Arrested

Here are the first two paras:

A Department of Homeland Security deputy press secretary was arrested this evening on charges that he was using a computer to seduce a child.

Brian Doyle, 55, was arrested at 7:45 p.m. in his Silver Springs, Maryland home on 23 charges related to the use of a computer to seduce a child and transmitting harmful materials to a minor after a joint investigation by the Polk County Sheriff’s office, Florida State Attorney Jerry Hill’s office and the Department of Homeland Security.

Now, I'm fairly sure Bush didn't hire Doyle himself. Most likely, he just hired the guy who hired this guy. Who also happens to be the guy who is in charge of our nation's fucking security.

Doesn't anybody vet anything anymore? Christ, what sorry fucking excuse for leaders we have.

Rob

(via Liberal Catnip)


3 comments:

Jeri said...

I'm starting to think everyone in the Administration was carefully bred and raised on a demon farm in the boondocks of Hell.

How squicky a job would that be, to be the undercover cop posing as a 14-year-old girl to round up sexual predators?

Rob S. said...

squicky? That's a totally new word for me.

Yeah, that job would skeev me left and right, but on the other hand, I'd know with absolute certainty I was making the world a better place. Which is a job perk most of us would be lucky to have.

Greg! said...

I think anything and anyone in government should have to be vetted by me.

If it's appointments, the let me vet them before they even get to committees. It'd cut down on those childish up-or-down vote squabbles.

If it's elections, I'll vet the candidates before they even get on the ballot. And I'm talking Primaries here, and all parties. No more of this choice of lesser evils shit I've had to live with for as long as I've been able to vote.

Seriously, though -- could this be worse than what we have now?