Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Stupid Games Bloggers Play

Strap yourselves in… for the slowest game of Mad Libs ever!

Here’s how it works: I’ve selected a piece of prose, and have picked out the words that we’ll subsitute. You know, like a Mad Lib. Don’t make me explain the whole mad Libs concept to you. Just the online thing should do the trick, unless you’re a total sore elbow. But every now and then, I’ll post a part of speech. Then you guys post suggestions for the part of speech in the comments section (in the interest of sanity, please limit yourself to one suggestion per round). After a little while, I’ll close suggestions and open the floor (that selfsame comments section) to voting for the best suggestion of the bunch. And then I’ll dutifully alter the original text to reflect the choice.

Sound ridiculous? You’re right! Think it’s prone to fail? Not half as much as I do! But it’s a plan, and I’ll soldier on through it if you will. Don’t make me pick my own plural nouns, yo… it won’t be pretty.

Now that you've got the gist, click here and scroll down for the most recent entries!

So, to start us off, I’m looking for a VERB.

Bring it, fellow babies.

Rob

UPDATE: Nominations are now closed. Voting is open for MURDER, PLAGIARIZE, and CANOODLE through 10 tomorrow morning, or thereabouts. To the comments section, me hearties!

UPDATE 2: PLAGIARIZE takes it.

7 comments:

bastard central said...

murder

ktbuffy said...

Plagerize!

Chris A. said...

Canoodle.

Sharon GR said...

PLAGIARIZE

ktbuffy said...

In my defense, I copied my misspelling of "plagerize" from somewhere else. Inadvertantly. Unconsciously.

Rob S. said...

Oof. (I had to look it up, m'self.) So what's your vote, Kate?

Rob S. said...

And "Plagiarize' has won the day by one vote. Who says your vote doesn't matter?