Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Because I’m loving the YouTube

A few music clips from YouTube to enjoy. Here’s a pretty straightforward one of Jimmy Webb and friends performing “In the Jailhouse Now,” which was on the O Brother Where Art Thou? soundtrack. It’s a great song, and this clip (from Hee Haw, maybe?) is just a short glimpse of a few guys who like singing. Nothin’ wrong with that.



And for something completely different, this one’s a clip that I can’t stop watching – Bob Dylan performing his song “Isis” from the Rolling Thunder Revue tour of 1975. He’s in creepy white makeup for some reason, but the real draw for me (besides the sheer energy of the performance) is the different, punchier tone from the album version. It’s been a couple of years since I discovered this song, and I love it more every time I hear it.



It’s hard to believe these songs are even played on even remotely the same instruments, isn’t it?

Rob

2 comments:

Rob S. said...

Oh, I'll definitely have to check that out.

Rob S. said...

There are a couple verses missing -- I'm not sure if the vidoe didn't catch them, if Dylan didn't play them at this concert, or if the original film cut in late.

But man, do I love this song.