Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back on the Horse

So, I went back to my cult for a weigh-in and meeting tonight. I'm up 2.8 pounds -- which honestly isn't bad for a month of cookies and beer. I'm honestly beginning to believe that some -- not enough, but some -- of the good eating habits I've been following when I'm on the program have started to rub off on me. Two point eight pounds is about as much as this little fella weighs, and it honestly could have been a lot worse.

We had a new group leader tonight, and at one moment she got herself a little flustered amd embarassed. In explaining how your clothes might start fitting better even though you're not registering significant weight loss in a give week, she said:

"What it says on the scale might not have anything to do with how you feel in your pants."

Oh, so very true.

Rob

1 comment:

Nicole Maynard-Sahar said...

That is the best comment about dieting EVER!!!!!!!!!! I also find the objects/creatures you compare your weight gain to are some of my favorite moments in the blog. I am much more conservative in my weight gain comparisons, thinking only in terms of pounds of butter.