Sunday, January 06, 2008

Some Quick Observations

As I was riding the elevator the other day, the little news screen had the headline: 11-year-old Critical After Shooting. "Of course I'm critical!" he said. "I was freakin' shot. Get off your asses and catch the guy!"

The other day I saw a guy doing pull-ups on some of NYC's ubiquitous scaffolding. I wasn't impressed with his strength so much as his willingness to touch the crossbar with his bare hands in sub-zero weather.

Later on that day, I was driving home from the train station and was stopped by an apartment complex. I could see into one of the apartments, and at first I thought the people inside were playing ping-pong. Then I got a better look: One guy was had a cricket bat and the other guy was bowling to him. If they move cricket indoors, you know it's cold.

Tonight we stopped at a pet store, and I noticed in the shopping center a liquor store: Wine Country/Liquor City. Good they they didn't switch that geography around, eh?

Rob

4 comments:

Jeff said...

I love posts like this. Just funny things from around your day.

Greg! said...

Aww, c'mon. It wasn't really sub-zero weather.
The sub-zero weather was in Maine.

Rob S. said...

You're right -- I was thinking in Celcius.

Greg! said...

At least you weren't thinking in Russian.