Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Crucial "Laughing at the Pieces" Endorsement

The other night I watched the entirety of Barack Obama's "A More Perfect Union" speech. It's 38 minutes long, but I recommend making the time for it.



After watching this, I don't think there's anything in the world that would stop me from voting for a man of such intelligence, honesty and compassion. If we make him our president, I believe that not only will we become a better nation as a whole, but we just might become a better nation as individuals as well. I know that sounds pie-in-the-sky, but it's what I truly feel.

If you don't have the time for the whole speech, here's a highlight reel put together by TPM (10 mins.).



Rob

4 comments:

Andy said...

Rob-
I am a jaded political veteran; and I feel the same way that you do.

Sadly my wife has a Hillary sign on our lawn...its a chick thing

Don said...

Yeah. What a salve it would be to have this guy be pres.

Rob S. said...

It's not entirely a chick thing, Andy -- in our household, Hillary gives Kathy the heebie-jeebies, and I was the one more inclined to vote for her. But man, would we all be better off with Obama.

Jeri said...

Chiming in late to say the Hillary Love is not a chick thing, at least not with this chick. I haven't felt this much seething displeasure with a fellow Democrat since Zell Miller.