Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I Have No Control Over the Cone Of Silence

There's this guy in the office. A bald guy who nearly always talks on his bluetooth headset. Let's call him Locutus.

If I and my coworkers are being somewhat loud, he always closes his office door. Which is absolutely fine. That's part of why offices have doors.

However, if he actually disconnects from the Borg Collective and talks on his speakerphone, he'll talk as loudly as he likes, without shutting the door. I don't need to hear it. My coworkers don't need to hear it. I'm not even convinced the person he's talking to needs to hear it, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt there.

But he doesn't shut the door. So I take the opportunity to put on some music, in the hopes that he'll hear it and decide that I'm too loud. And shut his door, so I can get some quiet.

Passive-Aggressive? I guess so. But I don't have a door I can control. I can only use my subtle mind-control powers in such situations, and they don't always work. Not even Frank Zappa works all the time.

Rob

2 comments:

Ami Angelwings said...

when he's on his speakerphone it means you have access to the interactive signals that the borg use as the basis of their collective consciousness! XD So you need to send him a signal that tells him and his borg friends that it's time to sleep :D (I have BoBW on my ipod so I watch it too often XD)

J.Ball said...

You know when I find myself in those kind of situations, I calmly walk up to the guy. Smile as big as I can.



Then kick'm in the knee!