Friday, May 20, 2005

Then again...

It's not like the Nazi rhetoric is a one-time thing. Swing State Project led me to PA candidate Chuck Pannacchio's site, where he has a link to a 33-second video in which Senator Stain lumps the New York Times in with Nazis, Baathists, etc.

And this puzzles me, since via Blogenlust, we have this gem of a quote appearing in the March 3 Pittsburgh Tribune Review:

"Senator Byrd's inappropriate remarks comparing his Republican colleagues with Nazis are inexcusable," Santorum said in a statement yesterday. "These comments lessen the credibility of the senator and the decorum of the Senate. He should retract his statement and ask for pardon."

Of course, Sen. Stain's office issued a statement calling the Nazi rhetoric a "mistake." Which sounds like an apology, but isn't.

Someone should probably ask him what he's thinking, with all this flip-flopping? Are Nazis fair game in senatorial discourse, or aren't they?

You ask me, he should stick to animal husbandry.

Rob

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you people please move (back) to Pennsylvania? I can't defeat Santorum alone. Though as the polls suggest, I might noe have to.

Cecilia

Rob S. said...

If I could vote against him, I would. Boy, would I like to vote against him again.