Wednesday, October 31, 2007

And Her Little Dog, Too!

I made a quick trip to the pharmacy a couple of minutes ago to pick up some cold medicine. On my way, I was listening to a podcast of an old episode of Command Performance, a radio show that aired only on Armed Forces Radio during WWII. Hosted by Bob Hope, this episode had Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra having a sing-off to be in the next movie with Judy Garland. Not a bad cast.

Well, I'm listening to Bob, Bing and Judy chat through some patter between numbers, when on the side of the road I see Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. I gotta tell ya: Hearing Judy Garland's voice on my radio, and seeing Dorothy over by the pizza place...it took me a minute to remember it was Halloween. In my congested, muddleheaded state, I thought I was seeing ghosts.

Rob

1 comment:

Andrew said...

What's in those cold meds, Rob?

Poppies!
Poppies!
Poppies!