Thursday, October 25, 2007

Quite Peculiar in a Funny Sort of Way

The blog at Newsarama led me to Johnny Bacardi's farewell post on his comics blog, and though he wasn't a regular stop for me, I'm sorry to see him go.

But this isn't about that. This is about the other blog he mentions that has me simply fascinated. It's Solar Prestige A Gammon, in which he is examining every studio track Elton John recorded from 1969 to 1977.

This is freaking awesome.

It's exactly those albums that I picked up on vinyl for a quarter a pop from the middle school book fair when I was in high school. It's those albums that I played to death, that I taped and listened to on my walkman, that I pondered the lyrics to for hours. Exactly those. I kept buying EJ albums after that, but none ever measured up to that first bunch.

I'm going to have a lot of fun wading through his posts, oh yes I am.

Rob

1 comment:

Chris A. said...

Now you, too, can feel like a bullet in the gun of Robert Ford!