Thursday, October 04, 2007

Despicably Inconceivable

It occurred to me the other day that, much like Johnny Depp’s Captain Jack Sparrow is a cross between Keith Richards and Pepe Le Pew, there’s another live action performance that’s just as informed by a Warner bros. character—perhaps even moreso. I mean, aside from species, is there any real difference between Wallace Shawn’s Vizzini in The Princess Bride and Daffy Duck?




















The two characters are a perfect blend of smug certainty and exasperation, and I’d be very surprised if Wallace Shawn didn’t have a certain fowl in mind when crafting his performance.

Rob

3 comments:

Andy said...

I told my kids that I knew Vizzini.

They didn't believe me; I should a picture from Thoma's wedding. They think I am a God now

Greg! said...

Well, I guess that's the difference, then.
Nobody's ever said I look like Daffy Duck.

Andy said...

Greg, you look like Daffy Duck.

There it has been done.

BTW that was you at the wedding? I thought it was Wallace.