Monday, December 03, 2007

A House Like a Shark

A few years ago, playing Dungeons and Dragons, my character was swallowed by a giant shark. I had to cut myself out to escape (and then promptly popped back inside the beast to fight it from within, where it couldn't bite me).

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to have to cut myself out of our house.

Our storm door has been kinda broken for a while--it doesn't close right--but in today's winds, it got ridiculous. It's been flapping open, banging against the wall all night, and it's only going to get worse. So, as a temporary measure, we've tied the storm door to the main door to keep it closed.

Naturally, to open this door tomorrow morning, I'm going to have to deal with the twine. And I already know I won't have the patience to untie the knot tomorrow morning before work. So I'll be cutting myself free, while the snapping jaws of my storm door go for my head.

Rob

2 comments:

Ami Angelwings said...

I had to cut myself out to escape (and then promptly popped back inside the beast to fight it from within, where it couldn't bite me).

That's the most innovative and clever way of fighting sharks I've ever heard of :O Why doesn't everybody do this!? XD

I think that the US military should now have a new strategy that instead of fighting enemies from outside their bodies where they can shoot at you, you should try to get INSIDE their bodies! xD

Rob S. said...

Our best strategy ever was when we teleported our Monk into the mouth of a beholder, where he made with the kicking and the headbutting.

And the US military isn't going to try to get inside our enemies. Not without some candles and mood music, anyway.