Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I Need Happymaking!

Ugh.

After a long night of D&D this Friday, we pulled off the turnpike on our way home and noticed that a) my check gauges light was on; b) there was a funny smell; c) my car's hood was smoking; and d) my temperature gauge was through the roof. So we pulled into the driveway, opened the hood, and found coolant all over.

The next day we refilled the coolant and drove it to our mechanic. He replaced the radiator on Monday, and that was that.

That's what I was hoping, anyway. I noticed a strange, fishy smell as I pulled into the driveway after work last night, but thought nothing of it. This morning, as I was climbing floor after floor of my parking garage, I heard some sort of grinding sound. I opened the hood once I parked (missing my train as I looked), and noticed, yes, coolant leaking all over. I restarted the car briefly, and the temperature gauge was nearing the danger zone.

Whatever the busted radiator was, it didn't bust on its own. It was a symptom of some other problem. Hopefully that will be fixed tomorrow, and I can drive this car a while further down the road.

Until then, I need happymaking.

Rob

2 comments:

Sharon GR said...

Good luck.

You've got a lot of miles on that car, dontcha?

Rob S. said...

122,000. Hopefully it's got some more in it. (I just changed the oil! sheesh!)