Saturday, December 22, 2007

Secret Ten: Comic Blog Showdown!

I'm going to reveal my Meme of the Secret Ten choices little by little, in case anyone other than Ami wants to play. (C'mon, folks! Right now the only person pulling my strings is one somewhat hyperactive Canadian! That's not just bad for the meme: It's bad for America. Show some national pride! Add a question in the comments here or in the first meme post.)

So rather than takle Ami's first question, I'm going for this one:

3 and 10 start separate comic blogs, what would they blog about, would any of their blogs show up on WFA, and would they ever get into a flame war and troll each other? xD

Oh yes. Oh yes they would.

First off, #3, "Steven Colbert" (the persona he plays on his show, rather than the guy himself) would start up his own Tek Jansen fanblog under a ghost name, JansenFan64. It would start getting massive hits once Colbert himself recommended the site on his show. Things would be going fine, thanks to all his readers -- "the Heroes" -- posting a lot of fawning comments on the blog.

And then #10 would show up. Writing only as tehBastard, the commenter would begin by poking little holes in the Jansen stories, noting how ridiculous they are and how they seem only to be written for Colbert's self-aggrandizement. tehBastard provokes and provokes, eventually driving the Heroes to distraction and JansenFan64 to the point of apoplexy. His comments would get so trenchant, and so vehement, that Colbert himself would "step in," (remember, he's actually been there all along, but this time he's using his real name) calling tehBastard out on the blog. tehBastard accepts his challenge, appearing on a special Colbert Report: Where he's revealed as Spider Jerusalem -- and he in turn reveals Colbert as JansenFan64. The Heroes, of course, dismiss Jerusalem as an America-hating tattooed freak from the future. But shortly thereafter, JansenFan64 retires from the blogosphere, looking for a less acrimonious venue, like cable news.

When Fangirls Attack links as they deem necessary -- they're never ones to shy away from a car wreck on their side of the street.

***

Whaddya think, sirs? I'll try to post one of these a day, holidays permitting (Christmas is sprawling over 3 days for me this year). So feel free to send me more ideas!

Rob

3 comments:

Ami Angelwings said...

:O

Only one a day!? >:|

I hate you! xDDD

Ami Angelwings said...

I just realized I should have tied ALL my questions into the first one involving all 10 forcing you to reveal all 10 at the beginning XD

Rob S. said...

You probably should have... Now I can't find my work travel case where I have them written down (it's probably in the car) so I don't know which numbers are which.

But I'm pretty sure I know which ones are 2 and 5, so I'll be writing that one up in a couple minutes.