Thursday, December 06, 2007

Two Blocks Away From Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash

I can't help it. I lurrrve local commercials, with their cheesy special effects, oddball sense of humor, and accents you don't hear anywhere else on TV. I saw a truncated (30-second) version of this one (for a somewhat local hobby shop) during tonight's Countdown and had to rewind it twice to make sure my eyes and ears weren't deceiving me. Glorious insanity.



She's holding the train right in front of her eyes! I can't get over that!

Rob

7 comments:

Rob said...

Ok - it's really funny that you mention this commercial. This store was one of the only places we could get D&D stuff back in the day, and regular pilgrimages would be made to there for that and other stuff you couldn't find anywhere else.

But that's not all. The previous owner/founder of the place was David Placer. He is the father of orginal Gamer's Realm owner Rob Placer.

Just some local game store trivia for ya!

--*Rob

Radiodad said...

Wonderfully crazy!

Sharon GR said...

My biggest question is: why haven't I been there?

Rob said...

Sharon -

I'm surprised you haven't, for all the times we've all been to Red Bank. What with Andrew being into the trains too....that stuff alone...

You guys should go - and then on the way back stop at Jersey Freeze! ;-)

Rob S. said...

I can't believe I haven't been there either -- although still never having been to Jay & Silent Bob's is even more astonishing.

christianready said...

Ya gotta get a SHAN-du-LIER!

Oh how I wish I could find that SNL skit they did with Scarlett Johansson!

Rob S. said...

Mobble collums. Like dis one! Or dis one! Or dis one! Or dis one!