Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Brief Bits

I'm in the middle of moving my desk at work, but I thought I'd post a few short (non-ferret-related) items before heading to lunch/shutting off my computer/staring deeply into the abyss.

* Enjoyed a visit this weekend from pal Jeri, even if I was a bit grumpy for parts of it. Believe me, Jeri, it was just the stress of a crazy/awful weekend that made me need the gin so bad. Had I my druthers, I would have hung out all day at the con with you.

* Read Helen Killer # 1, which Jeri kindly picked up for me at the con. Using a device that allows her to see and hear for short periods of time (and also augments her strength and agility but sparks a growing rage inside her), Hellen Keller is recruited by the Secret Service to protect the life of President McKinley. The first issue is well-done, and promises some serious kickassery.

* Moved a heavy freezer from a basement. Note: When I'm the "muscle" of a three-person moving team, you're SOL from the git-go. Luckily, no one broke a foot. But how we'll get this beast into our basement is a toss-up. (My guess? With great difficulty and many swear words.)

* Walked the 3K Dash for Organ Donor Awareness in Philly with my family. The group grows bigger every year, and not just because my sibs breed like bunnies. And mom put out a great lunch spread afterward. Comic-con or not, organ donation is important. I'm sure Stan Lee'd tell you the same.

* Ate a savory crepe!

* Finished balloon placement/script revisions on my comics project. Hopefully Mike'll be able to get it lettered and arrange a small print run for the June convention in Philly.

* Off and on, dealt with pre-vacation jitters. But at least this morning I found out our transfer flight in Memphis is just two gates away from our arrival plane. Jazzfest, here we come!

Rob

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Rob, may I commend you on the use of the word "druthers" in your post!

Greg! said...

Amen!
Personally, I'm trying to get "druthers," "aught" and "naught," "thither," and "t'warn't" into common vernacular usage.

(Yes, I know "t'warn't" isn't grammatical. 'Tain't my problem.)

Rob S. said...

There's no problem like a taint problem.

Sharon GR said...

As long as you don't pull your incentive pants up to your armpits and complain about how life was better in the "good ol' days," go on using "druthers" in blog posts.

Have no anxieties about N.O. It'll be awesome and we'll be jealous.