Wednesday, April 09, 2008

My In-Store Flip-Thrus

1) Say what you want about Countdown, but comics may not see a finer moment this week than Mary Marvel repeatedly clubbing Donna Troy with Kyle Rayner's unconscious body. There's glee in that there panel. Pure, maniac glee.

2) Titans #1? I need to consult with a polytheist: Judeo-Christian tradition does not have enough gods to convey how assuredly god-awful this book looks. It stings the eyes and makes the brain cry uncle. Maybe the captions are good, but there was nothing in the art to make me want to risk reading even one.

Rob

3 comments:

Greg! said...

Okay, reading your comment made me out aside everything (including reading your blog) and go get this week's comics (which I'd fortunately picked up on my way home) and pull out Countdown 03 and read it.

Actually, this was a great issue all around. Using Kyle to bludgeon Donna Troy is sweet indeed. Ray inside Jimmy's head is precious -- "Like Giger became C.E.O. of Radio Shack," Gardner's Law, and "Everything's so... green." And then there's the mighty Turtleboy cliffhanger splash page.

Infinite Crisis? Final Crisis? I call it Fanboys Gone Wild.

Greg! said...

Oh -- and I picked up Titans.
I'll let you know how bad it is. If I can find words.

Rob S. said...

Oh, Greg. Poor Greg.

Best of luck with that, man.