Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Double Trouble

Who cut the arm off the voodoo doll
That resembles a Republican president from long ago
I'd hate to see you leave
'Cause I have grown so grateful for the
Blame you save me from
—“My Evil Twin,” They Might Be Giants


A new wrinkle in the Case of the Shoplifting Presidential Advisor. It’s a ridiculous notion, and very, very unlikely, but I have to admit that I’m crossing my fingers that this is true. I honestly would rather have this kind of weirdness in the world than yet another black eye for the Bush regime. In a world with evil twins, can the chupacabra be far behind?

Rob

4 comments:

Jeri said...

You're right, Rob, the Bush Adminisration deserves a break. After all, what could they have possibly done to deserve such bad kharma as of late?

--Christian

Rob S. said...

Aw, c'mon -- I didn't say they deserve a break. But this thing is just a drop in the big, big bucket, and evil twins are just plain cooler than one mroe drop.

Jeri said...

Yeah, but at least this way, you get a stupid "it was my evil twin" defense, AND the Bush Admin looks stupid. It doesn't have to be either or, especially with these guys.

--Christian

Rob S. said...

True.

In fact, I think Cheney was convinced that Harry Whittington had been replaced by his evil twin, and that’s why he shot him. And it took a day to sort out who was who.

This explains a lot.