Saturday, March 11, 2006

VIBU!

That's my new acronym for Very Important Blogroll Update. Learn this timesaver and use it -- it could come in handy at this site as often as twice a year.

But, I wanted to direct your attention to a few new blogs to your right (or my left, since I'm sitting in your monitor watching you right now... yes, even you).

The first is VeeganMD's Journal. He's a good buddy who's moved away and we don't see him nearly enough anymore. Expect him to talk about his veeganism, being a doctor, and Dungeons and Dragons. I just hope that he finds a way to make it possible to link to specific posts on his site. (And see? Some of my best friends are Swedish!)

(If you don't get that joke, you don't really need to.)

I divided up the Other Blogs section into Political Blogs and Comics Blogs. New to the political end are The Bull Moose (an ex-republican who I don't always agree with, but always find worth reading) and BAG News Notes, which examines the subtext of political photography. I don't go there all the time, but every time I do, I'm fascinated.

Comics-wise, we've got The Beat (a great news & opinion source, and the place I look for any NYC-centered comics events), The Savage Critic (for pull-no-punches comics reviews) and Dave's Long Box (a very funny site in which Dave looks back at old comics in his collection, making up a word or two on the way. Get over there or I'll go all Airwolf on your ass!). There's other goodies too, but I'm tired of making with the descriptions. See for yourself.

This concludes today's VIBU.

Rob

No comments: